- Sometimes there is a need to perform BULK Item Master creation, either from the engineering PDM, inter-company product transfer or simply a new product launches.
- If you are in a manufacturing company where item master creation is a burden because of the number of items to be created in (1.4.1) or (1.4.3) + (1.4.5) + (1.4.7) + (1.4.9) is too time-consuming and tedious and error prone, you need alternative solutions to entering the data one by one.
- Once you have setup the Item Master, next you must create the Product Structure and Routing. These 2 screens are not that “friendly” to non-daily QAD users like the engineer, entering incorrect information.
- Everyone know the limitation of QAD whereby the ABC Class setup by site, Wrong Taxable flag, Purchase/Manufacturing flag will create problems in your daily operations.
- How about BULK update to a certain group of supplier Purchasing Lead Time, Buyer/Planner code and MRP Order Policy? How do you do all these without typing one by one?
- Audit Trial for Item Master, Product Structure and Routing has always been a problem for MFG/PRO eB2 and below. Someone has change the Purchase Flag without informing finance and production creating bad planning and wrong costs!!
- Add-on (non-invasive) customization to employing the propriety ERP Consulting LLP concept of “Copy & Paste” from the Excel right into QAD!!!
- The following steps are how it is done
- Step 1-You enter the necessary detail in a predefined Excel format. You can use any common Excel formula as usual, no restrictions
- Step 2-You simply “Copy” from the Excel column
- Step 3-You go to a QAD screen and paste the values into the screen directly!!!
- The program in QAD will perform the necessary CIM loading (to ensure QAD logic is utilized) after a very extensive checking and validation.
- We can configure according to your company rules on how the program can do the validations. For example,
- item master coding rules
- Purchasing LT from overseas is at least 3 weeks
- MRP Order Policy for FG items is always LFL
- This package can do the following “Copy & Paste”
- New Item Master using (1.4.1) + (1.4.5) + (1.4.7) or (1.4.17) + (1.4.9)
- New Product Structure using (13.5)
- New Routing using (14.13.1)
- Data Accuracy will be enhanced because strict validations will be in place before data can be loaded.
- THIS PROGRAM is not a typical CIM loading via file transfer like FTP. It interface directly from your Excel “Copy” into QAD directly! We are using a special propriety concept.
- Estimated saving by Return-of-investment (ROI) will be less than 2-3 months after implementations.
Item Master Loading Screen